ABOUT NANAKO FUKUI
Nanako Fukui is a San Francisco based film producer/director.
Nanako Fukui was born in Tokyo, Japan where she spent her childhood until the age of 18. She moved to the U.S without knowing where her path took her. Storytelling had always been her first love, and soon she decided to become a film producer/director.
She started her career at the age of 21 when she shot her first music video which won the first prize at SOMA showcase in Santa Barbara City College. Since then she directed several music videos, short films, documentary, and commercials and received several awards.
• Official Selection, New York City Independent Film Festival, 2020
• Bronze Remi Award Winner, The 53rd Annual WorldFest-HoustonInternational Film Festival, 2020
• Official Selection, Boston SciFi Film Fest
• Official Selection, Boston Asian American Film Festival
• Official Selection, Imagine Film Festival
• Official Selection, CAAMFest (formerly San Francisco Int’l AsianFilm Festival)
• Official Selection, Portland Film Festival
• Official Selection, World Music & Independent Film Festival, 2018
• Official Selection, HipHop Music & Video Film Festival, 2018
• Official Selection and Nominee, Orlando Film Festival, 2018
• The Nominated for Best Experimental, Visual Effects, and the Best Music Video, The NOVA Fest, 2019
Between the Sun and Me
• Official Selection, Palm Beach International Film Festival 2015
• Short Film Corner, Cannes Film Festival 2015
We are Stars by Snow Angel
• Official Selection, Berlin Independent Film Festival 2015
• Official Selection, Ottawa International Film Festival 2015
• The Finalist, Silver Sound Showdown Music and Video Festival 2015
Passenger by Deftones
• Winner, Best Music Video, Showcase, Santa Barbara City College 2011